This guitar was ordered for Jason by his wife as a gift. The wood comes from the 100 year old barn on her parents' place in Payne County which is where Oklahoma began with the 1889 Land Run. They aren't the original family to own the land, so most of the stories surrounding it are lost to history. The barn is still standing, and the support structure is still very sound, but the external boards and doors are rapidly decaying.
Here are the specs:
- 25.5" scale
- 100 year old douglas fir body and top wood
- Hand-carved maple neck and fret board
- 1937 Oklahoma license plate pick guard. The "F" on the license plate denotes that it came from a farm vehicle.
- GFS Vintage Nashville Retrotron humbucker pickup
- Wilkinson bridge with compensated brass saddles
- Wilkinson vintage style tuners
- CTS pots
- Switchcraft jack
- Aged hardware